Making banana chips is dead simple and much cheaper than buying them at the store. All you need is some bananas and a dehydrator.
- Step 1: Let the bananas get a little over-ripe (softening and getting brown spots). That will prevent them from getting hard and wood-like when they’re dried.
- Step 2: Peel the bananas and slice them about 1/4-inch thick, placing the slices on your dehydrator tray so the banana pieces don’t touch.
- Step 3: Put them on the dehydrator and set it to low (heat). Let the dehydrator run for 24 hours. If you have a lot of trays, make sure to rotate them top to bottom a few times over the 24 hours so they dry evenly.
- Step 4: After 24 hours on low, set the dehydrator to fan only (no heat) and let it run for a couple more hours. This will get rid of any stickiness on the chips and make them easier to get off the tray.
- Step 5: Store in an airtight container and enjoy.
(I told you it was easy!)